Re: [Xen-users] What speed is it when run win2003 on the xen?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] What speed is it when run win2003 on the xen?
From: "Peter Braun" <xenware@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 18:44:58 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 09:45:39 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Please can you describe exactly your system configuration? Especialy motherboard? :)
Thank you

Peter Braun

2006/10/26, Jman <jmandawg@xxxxxxxxxxx >:

Here are some benchmarks using Sandra. My system is a e6400 core2duo, 2GB DDR2 RAM, and RAID 5. You get better GUI performance if you remote desktop into the machine from another windows machine:

MEMORY BENCHMARKS:

Benchmark Results

RAM Bandwidth Int Buff'd iSSE2 : 4872 MB/s

RAM Bandwidth Float Buff'd iSSE2 : 4833 MB/s

Results Interpretation : Higher index values are better.

Int Buff'd iSSE2 (Integer STREAM) Results Breakdown

Assignment : 4612MB/s

Scaling : 5066MB/s

Addition : 4910MB/s

Triad : 4901MB/s

Data Item Size : 16 byte(s)

Buffering Used : Yes

Offset Displacement Used : Yes

Bandwidth Efficiency : 228% (estimated)

Float Buff'd iSSE2 (Float STREAM) Results Breakdown

Assignment : 4795MB/s

Scaling : 4728MB/s

Addition : 4903MB/s

Triad : 4907MB/s

Data Item Size : 16 byte(s)

Buffering Used : Yes

Offset Displacement Used : Yes

Bandwidth Efficiency : 226% (estimated)

Performance Test Status

Run ID : WIN2003 on Friday, October 27, 2006 at 9:12:13 AM

Memory Used by Test : 256MB

NUMA Support : No

SMP Test : No

Total Test Threads : 1

Multi-Core Test : No

SMT Test : No

Dynamic MP/MT Load Balance : No

Processor Affinity : P0C0T0

System Timer : 1.2MHz

Page Size : 4kB

Use Large Memory Pages : No

Features

(W)MMX Technology : Yes

SSE Technology : Yes

SSE2 Technology : Yes

SSE3 Technology : Yes

SSE4 Technology : Yes

HTT - Hyper-Threading Technology : No

Chipset 1

Model : Intel Corporation 82441FX 440FX (Natoma) System Controller Rev 2 (SU053)

Front Side Bus Speed : 4x 267MHz (1068MHz data rate)

Width : 64-bit

Maximum Bus Bandwidth : 8544MB/s (estimated)

Logical/Chipset 1 Memory Banks

Speed : 1x 267MHz (267MHz data rate)

Width : 64-bit

Memory Controller in Processor : No

Maximum Memory Bus Bandwidth : 2136MB/s (estimated)

DISK BENCHMARKS:

SiSoftware Sandra

Benchmark Results

Drive Index : 72 MB/s

Results Interpretation : Higher index values are better.

Random Access Time : 11 ms

Results Interpretation : Lower index values are better.

Performance Test Status

Run ID : WIN2003 on Friday, October 27, 2006 at 9:16:28 AM

Processor Affinity : No

System Timer : 1.2MHz

Use Overlapped I/O : Yes

IO Queue Depth : 4 request(s)

Block Size : 1MB

Volume Information

Capacity : 20GB

Benchmark Breakdown

Speed at position 0% : 57MB/s (79%)

Speed at position 3% : 56MB/s (77%)

Speed at position 6% : 55MB/s (77%)

Speed at position 10% : 66MB/s (92%)

Speed at position 13% : 68MB/s (94%)

Speed at position 16% : 57MB/s (80%)

Speed at position 20% : 63MB/s (88%)

Speed at position 23% : 61MB/s (85%)

Speed at position 26% : 59MB/s (82%)

Speed at position 30% : 60MB/s (84%)

Speed at position 33% : 65MB/s (91%)

Speed at position 36% : 66MB/s (91%)

Speed at position 40% : 61MB/s (84%)

Speed at position 43% : 65MB/s (91%)

Speed at position 46% : 59MB/s (82%)

Speed at position 50% : 62MB/s (87%)

Speed at position 53% : 60MB/s (83%)

Speed at position 56% : 64MB/s (90%)

Speed at position 60% : 57MB/s (79%)

Speed at position 63% : 68MB/s (94%)

Speed at position 66% : 64MB/s (89%)

Speed at position 70% : 57MB/s (79%)

Speed at position 73% : 67MB/s (93%)

Speed at position 76% : 61MB/s (85%)

Speed at position 80% : 58MB/s (80%)

Speed at position 83% : 59MB/s (83%)

Speed at position 86% : 56MB/s (78%)

Speed at position 90% : 61MB/s (85%)

Speed at position 93% : 72MB/s (100%)

Speed at position 96% : 63MB/s (87%)

Speed at position 100% : 60MB/s (83%)

Random Access Time : 11 ms (estimated)

Full Stroke Access Time : 2 ms (estimated)

Performance Tips

Notice 5008 : To change benchmarks, click Options.

Notice 5004 : Synthetic benchmark. May not tally with 'real-life' performance.

Notice 5006 : Only compare the results with ones obtained using the same version!

Tip 2 : Double-click tip or press Enter while a tip is selected for more information about the tip.

PROCESSOR ARITHMETIC BENCHMARKS:

SiSoftware Sandra

Benchmark Results

Dhrystone ALU : 9745 MIPS

Whetstone iSSE3 : 6736 MFLOPS

Results Interpretation : Higher index values are better.

Performance Test Status

Run ID : WIN2003 on Friday, October 27, 2006 at 9:17:48 AM

NUMA Support : No

SMP Test : No

Total Test Threads : 1

Multi-Core Test : No

SMT Test : No

Dynamic MP/MT Load Balance : No

Processor Affinity : P0C0T0

System Timer : 1.2MHz

Number of Runs : 64000 / 640

Processor

Model : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU          6400  @ 2.13GHz

Speed : 2.13GHz

Performance Rating : PR3628 (estimated)

Cores per Processor : 1 Unit(s)

L2 On-board Cache : 2MB ECC Synchronous, ATC, 8-way set, 64 byte line size