Re: [Xen-users] 3.0.2 seems not to create bridge

To: Harm Weites <harmweites@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] 3.0.2 seems not to create bridge
From: Bjoern Metzdorf <bm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 10:53:23 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 01:54:32 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Harm Weites wrote:
hm, the iproute package is installed so i have the IP tools. Looking at the README.debian tells me networking isnt done automatically just like you said (the file was in a different dir though) How do i create the bridge by hand ? Since there is no peth0... I can create it with "brctl addbr xenbr0", but then "brctl show" only lists a bridge with no interfaces. (after /etc/init.d/xend restart)

relevant config parts:
(xend-config.sxp)
[...]
(network-script network-bridge)
(vif-script vif-bridge)
[...]

Change network-script back to network-dummy and add this to your /etc/network/interfaces:

---------------------------------
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet manual

auto xenbr0
iface xenbr0 inet static
        bridge-ports eth0
        address 10.0.0.2
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        gateway 10.0.0.1

The standard vif-script will use the bridge xenbr0 to add virtual interfaces.

Make sure package bridge-utils is installed and reboot or restart networking.

Regards,
Bjoern