Re: [Xen-users] AoE LVM2 DRBD Xen Setup

To: Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] AoE LVM2 DRBD Xen Setup
From: Bjoern Metzdorf <bm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 14:25:11 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 05:26:03 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello Pasi,

2. Do I need the Redhat-Cluster-framework for this to work? If I make changes to the shared LVM VG (e.g. create a new LV for a new DomU), I have to execute vgscan on all Dom0s. This would not be necessary if I would use the cluster framework. But I don't need GFS or such, so I don't want to add additional complexity. But perhaps I have overseen some metadata problems here? Anyone? :)

You need CLVM ("Cluster LVM") from Redhat-Cluster-framework. No need for
GFS.

Ok, what exactly is the clvm daemon for? Propagating changes to the VGs to all nodes accessing the VGs? Is it possible to do this manually with vgscan or such?

Regards,
Bjoern