Re: [Xen-users] How can I connect to Internet in sles10-xen

Hey there,

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006, openbsd shen wrote:

I start sles10 use kernel-xen, but there're not NIC eh0,

Are you sure you don't have a NIC present? Type `ifconfig -a` as root. This should show you all your interfaces, including the virtual ones.

and only have xenbr0, but the xenbr0 cannot get IP address via DHCP

If you are using a default SLES 10 install, your guest domains will end up communicating to the network over a bridge. `xenbr0` is the name of that bridge, and it doesn't have an IP address (in the SLES 10 default). You can see what cards are configured to use that bridge using the `brctl show` command.

So first, what does the ifconfig -a command show, and second, the brctl show command? I don't know if I can help you all the way, but that's a good place to start :)

Regards,

Paul