[Xen-users] Export PCI or use bridges?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Export PCI or use bridges?
From: Tim Post <tim.post@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 04:20:50 +0800
Delivery-date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 18:25:16 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello to all,

I'm going to be playing around with http://www.vyatta.com/products/
Vyatta (OFR) open router project. I thought I'd give it a whirl under
3.0.x.

I have a lab setup with some dual nics to give each dom-u 2 nics.

I was wondering if anyone had used Xen to add more availability to Linux
routers and could shed some light on performance issues using bridges vs
exporting the pci nic directly to the dom-u.

I can't simulate "real" traffic in my setting, was wondering if anyone
played with this or similar in production?

Best to everyone,
-Tim