RE: [Xen-users] Building kernels *within* a domU

To: "john maclean" <jayeola@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Building kernels *within* a domU
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 11:41:06 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 02:42:14 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You could certainly build the kernel within DomU, but you'd have to copy
it out of DomU into Dom0, since Dom0 has to load the kernel for you
[unless you run fully virtualized kernel, in which case you'd just build
the kernel as per a standalone system...]. You could use something like
"ssh .../vmlinuz dom0name:<wherver>" to copy the kernel, assuming you
haven't prevented ssh from getting from DomU to Dom0 with your firewall
settings in Dom0 (or DomU firewall settings, if you have any of those).

--
Mats