[Xen-users] loading FC4 lvm disk image

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] loading FC4 lvm disk image
From: Arik Raffael Funke <arik.funke@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 00:56:38 +0200
Delivery-date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 16:10:45 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I have installed a FC5 domU using xenman into a diskimage. I thus have 2 partitions in the file, one housing the /boot partition and the second housing the lvm volume group with / and swap.

Using the FedoraXenQuickstartFC5 guide I manage to mount the /boot partition with kpartx. (i.e. losetup /dev/loop0 /xen/disks/image && mount /dev/mapper/loop0p1 /mnt/xen) For the lvm partition however their instructions don't work for me:

They suggest doing "kpartx -av /dev/xen/guest1" but for me there is no guest1 in /dev/xen! I only have a evtchn. But doing kpartx -av /dev/xen/evtchn" does not work either. Nor does "kpartx -av /dev/mapper/loop0p2".

My question: Does anybody know how to access the lvm partitions in a lvm group of a xen disk image file?

Cheers,
Arik