Re: [Xen-users] Xen vif problem

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen vif problem
From: "Nagy Zoltán Márk" <moho.jojo@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 22:31:48 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 13:32:37 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Veryz funnyz Henningz! :)

My problem once again:
When I enter to domU with ssh and give the reboot command about 10
times, once or twice it happens that the network doesn't recruits.
this time
the vif1.0 doesn't appear in domO. The xm list shows the named domU so
i can see it running and i can switch to it with the xm console
command via console.
If i'm inside the domU via console and give the ifconfig command it says
that the network interface exists but however there is no net in domU
and vif1.0 doesn't appear in domO.
In the other 8-9 cases the domU starts nicely after a reboot, there is
net connection in domU and vif1.0 appears in domO. It disappears for a
few seconds during the reboot but returns with zero traffic which is
totally normal.

So if anybody has any idea about these two cases from ten, please write
it in.

Thanks!

On 9/14/06, Henning Sprang <henning_sprang@xxxxxx> wrote:
On 9/14/06, Nagy Zoltán Márk <moho.jojo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> i use xen 3.0.2-2.
> if i set this for test domain:
>
> [test.cfg]
>
> vif = [ 'mac=00:01:02:03:04:05, bridge=xenbr0, vifname=vif1.0' ]
>

> the test domain will connect to the virtual interface vif1.0
> everytime. and it workz just fine. but, if i login to the test with
> ssh and type in the reboot command it happenz that though the system
> but vif1.0 not comez off and thus there is no net connection.

Iz havez noz ideaz aboutz whyz anz interfacez shoudlz notz workz
afterz az rebootz.

What do you mean by "come not off"? Does the interface vif1.0
disappear fromz dom0?
What can you see when you login to the domU  via xen console?

Henningz