[Xen-users] Motherboard suggestions for Core 2 Duo running Xen

To: opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Motherboard suggestions for Core 2 Duo running Xen
From: Michael Crider <mcrider@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 08:57:56 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 06:58:41 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
We purchased a box with a Core 2 Duo (E6400) for the purpose of running Windows Server 2003 on Xen. The motherboard that came in the box was an Intel DG965RY, using the G965 chipset. We chose Suse 10.1 (we used x86_64) as the host operating system primarily because it was the only distro that would install. We have determined that the PATA controller and the network adapter on the motherboard are not currently Linux compatible (initially solved by using a Broadcom network adapter and a USB CD-ROM drive). We then figured out that Suse chose the "VESA Framebuffer Graphics" driver for the video adapter, which does not work under the Xen kernel. Does anybody have a suggestion of a motherboard or chipset that is compatible with the Xen kernel that will accept the E6400 CPU?
Thanks.
Michael