RE: [Xen-users] Routing problem

To: 'Janke Dávid' <janke.david@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Routing problem
From: "Steffen Heil" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 13:20:41 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 04:22:19 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi

> I somehow will have to route packages from outside to domUs.

If your local LAN has 10.x.x.x and your domUs are part of that then a bridge
suffices.

> In our case, intranet traffic is routed via 10.2.0.10. I guess that if we
tell the router to route traffic to 10.12.<whatever> via 10.2.0.9 that
should solve some issues (if dom0 is set up correctly).

Where is it routed using 10.2.0.10? If it is an intranet I expect it to be a
LAN, so no routing nessessary.

> But I still don't know why domUs can't ping their own ethernet interfaces,
nor the other hosts connected to the same xenbridge.

Neither do I. Show us all your config files. What gives ifconfig inside the
dom0/domUs? Show us all of it's output.

> Xenbridge is a virtual device behaving similar to a switch?

Yes. It's just a linux bridge and equal to a hardware switch.
Xen's default configuration uses bridging and should be flawless in your
environment.
That you vifs show the IP of dom0 is normal with routing.

I think we can help more after seeing your ifconfig infos.

Regards,
  Steffen