RE: [Xen-users] xen and different ARCH

> Ah, the ssh idea is a good one!   Have you tried doing anything along
> the lines of making the machine think it is an i386 instead
> of a 686?  I
> do most of my builds for boxes that are 486 compatible (Soekris, ELan
> chips).

Thanks :)  It came about as I started simply wrapping bash, but it kept
throwing up the occasional error which I didn't like much. I thought
of/stumbled into the SSH approach when I was looking at initscripts for some
reason or another.

Can't say I have. The target(s) are all 686 or above so I haven't needed to.

Just done a quick *man setarch* and the man page isn't very exhaustive, so
you may need to do some digging/experimenting to get it to realise different
subsets of the x86 architecture.

Good luck

Dan
--

Dan Hawker
Linux System Administrator

If you have received it in error then you must not use, retain, disseminate or
otherwise deal with it.
The views of the author may not necessarily constitute the views of Astrium
Limited.
Nothing in this email shall bind Astrium Limited in any contract or obligation.