[Xen-users] Re: Differences in performance between file and LVM based im

 There is something I forgot to add about caching. The domU kernel will cache
all the relevant data in the most efficient manner (Or at least we trust the
kernel hackers to do so), the Dom0 has actually no idea of the relevance of
each data, and it will mostly be caching entire blocks in memory, and I think
this too will add to unnecessary overheads. It is always better to trust the
DomU kernel to be efficient in its RAM + Swap usage, rather than depend on the
Dom0 to cache entire blocks in memory.

 Anyway are there any benchmarks on how many average load domUs can be fitted
into a single server, say a quad opteron with 12GB ram, each with say an apache
serving some particular number of hits. How does it stack up against vserver?
Can we have 400 domUs in such a configuration? Some numbers about scalability
would be great.

 Thanks.