RE: [Xen-users] NFS DomU Client Performance

> > Will try and answer as well as I can.
> >
> > #TCPDUMP
> > Strange...
> >
> > With a Xen client, I get seemingly standard traffic (bar a
> > few checksum
> > errors) and then it seems to hang for 105seconds (I guess how
> > long I seem to
> > wait) and then it carries on as normal.

Sounds to me like a daemon (statd/lockd/rgcgidd etc) problem... I expect
you are not running quite the same configuration in the domU, which isn't
suprising as some distributions don't have standard NFS daemons and the
xen builds are not going to reproduce that. I expect the NFS daemon on the
client is trying to talk to the local daemon which is missing, timing out,
and continuing.

90 or 105 second delays are _not_ likely to be a XEN issue... although as
Mats has pointed out, there can be checksum issues.

Try adding  "-o nolock,ro" to the mount command... if that goes "way
faster", then you have a better idea of where the issue lies.

-Tom