Re: [Xen-users] Tool for Live Migration

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Tool for Live Migration
From: Thorolf Godawa <nospam@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 13:23:17 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 04:24:16 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

> I think Live Migration can Optimize depend on load.
> If one OS has a many access, Live migration the OS to
> another PC which have fast CPU. and allocate many memory
> But, such setup is difficult for human depend on
> situation. So I would like to make algorithm for that.
actually it's not very hard to do so, I worte a script based on
xenmon.py that is doing exactly this (including a html-based xentop for
monitoring).

But CPU-load is not everything, also IO-load should be monitored (but I
don't know how to do it right now) and also Mem- and Hdd-usage could be
included into the decision!

The script is doing more or less what it should (and was used for a
demo-scenario with Bensley-servers) but because of lack of time there is
no time for me to finish and improve it as wanted or write docu and
publish it!
--

Chau y hasta luego,

Thorolf