[Xen-users] root= LVM in configuration file

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] root= LVM in configuration file
From: "Vincent Bakker" <v.bakker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 22:01:26 +0200
Delivery-date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 13:02:25 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I have this problem where a Fedora5 LVM and xen 3.0 setup gives a kernel panic on domU (after a couple of hours). I created the domU with the xenguest-install script and now I’m trying to use a kernel installed in dom0, but in the configuration file it complains about root=….  I set this to parameter to root = /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00, but xen does not except this as root disk/ location. How can I set this to use the proper LVM?

Thanks

Vincent