[Xen-users] Error: Device 2049 (vbd) could not be connected. Backend dev

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Error: Device 2049 (vbd) could not be connected. Backend device not found.
From: Arsen Hayrapetyan <ahairape@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 17:40:42 +0200 (CEST)
Delivery-date: Sun, 06 Aug 2006 08:41:43 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

I am getting the following error when trying to start domU with
'xm -c /etc/xen/xmdefconfig':

Error: Device 2049 (vbd) could not be connected. Backend device not found.

My /etc/xen/xmdefconfig contains the following line:

disk =
['phy:/dev/vg/compnode,sda1,w','phy:/dev/vg/compswap,hda3,w','phy:/dev/vg/modules,sda2,r']

When I do 'lvscan', I get the following:

  inactive          '/dev/vg/compnode' [14.00 GB] inherit
  inactive          '/dev/vg/compswap' [1.00 GB] inherit
  inactive          '/dev/vg/modules' [100.00 MB] inherit

And also one strange thing... Though 'xm' is giving the error above,
when I run 'xm list' it shows the domain started, but paused:

Name                              ID Mem(MiB) VCPUs State  Time(s)
Domain-0                           0      219     1 r-----   772.7
compnode                           6      512     1 --p---     0.0

If now I doing 'xm console 6', it stucks...
If I do 'xm unpause 6', it unpauses:

Name                              ID Mem(MiB) VCPUs State  Time(s)
Domain-0                           0      219     1 r-----   783.0
compnode                           6      512     1 ------     1.3

But after few seconds I see the compnode, having ID=7 !
And finally it disappears:

#> xm list

Name                              ID Mem(MiB) VCPUs State  Time(s)
Domain-0                           0      219     1 r-----   788.5