Re: [Xen-users] Is the VNC setting available for non-hvm DomU's?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Is the VNC setting available for non-hvm DomU's?
From: List Subscriber <list-subscriber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2006 16:43:50 -0700
Delivery-date: Sat, 05 Aug 2006 16:44:46 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
William,

Thanks for your response. Configuring a vncserver explicitly within a DomU diskimage is certainly a good solution. However, I am rather looking to use the vnc property setting in the domain conf file (look at /etc/xen/xmexamples.hvm for  an example)  to export the DomU console upon startup. This is apparently working well in hvm cases ... I was wondering if it is intended to work in non-hvm DomU's as well.

cheers.

William Man wrote:

Hi,

I althought I'm not 100% what you are after, but here is a link to allow the domU X11 to use a VNCserver http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/322

I have also written a debian script that creates vncservers using a vncserver config file that will generate the vnc server for each of the users, using the password within the users home directory.

Let me know if want that too, cos I need to dig it out

Hope this helps.