[Xen-users] xen kernel crashes

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] xen kernel crashes
From: paulk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (paulk)
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2006 18:51:50 +0000 (UTC)
Delivery-date: Sat, 05 Aug 2006 11:53:04 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
've installed xen using the binaries (yum install kernel-xen0) on fc5 however
the xen kernel crashes upon boot. However, Fc5 installed on the same athlon
dual core boots without a problem. The binaries are version 2.6.17.
The system is running on sata disks that are raided using the built in
motherboard raid controller.

Here is a capture of the xen attempted boot up.
(XEN) *** Serial input -> DOM0 (type 'CTRL-a' three times to switch input to
Xen).
(XEN) (file=io_apic.c, line=2079)
(XEN) ioapic_guest_write: apic=0, pin=0, old_irq=-1, new_irq=0
(XEN) ioapic_guest_write: old_entry=00010000, new_entry=000009f0
(XEN) ioapic_guest_write: Installing bogus unmasked IO-APIC entry!
(XEN) (file=io_apic.c, line=2079)
(XEN) ioapic_guest_write: apic=0, pin=2, old_irq=-1, new_irq=2
(XEN) ioapic_guest_write: old_entry=00010000, new_entry=00000998
(XEN) ioapic_guest_write: Installing bogus unmasked IO-APIC entry!
PCI: BIOS Bug: MCFG area is not E820-reserved
PCI: Not using MMCONFIG.
i8042.c: Can't read CTR while initializing i8042.
(XEN) (file=dom0_ops.c, line=396) Domain 0 says that IO-APIC REGSEL is good
device-mapper: dm-stripe: Target length not divisible by chunk size
 (XEN) Domain 0 crashed: rebooting machine in 5 seconds.

I'm suspecting that the raid setup is causing me problems, so my question is
what kernel options would I need to change in order to resolve this?

I've already tried mkinitrd, but it built exactly the same ramdisk as what's
installed.

For extra info, when I boot into 'normal' linux the disks are mounted as
/dev/dm-2, /dev/dm-3 etc.

Any help would be appreciated as I bought this machine specifically for xen.

rgds

Paul