Re: [Xen-users] Re: trouble with xen and ipv6

Hello Andrew

On Tue, Aug 01, 2006 at 12:43:55AM -0400, Andrew Yates wrote:
> >I also had problems using IPv6. After a domU bootup it took some random
> >time (up to 2 hours) to start the configured addresses to work.
> >
> >If I configured the ips after bootup by hand (ifconfig) they worked
> >fine.
> >
> >After some tcpdumping I noticed that the incoming packets went to a
> >different MAC address than the outgoing came from.
> >
> >I then gave the virtual machine a static MAC address, and from then on
> >it started working without any manual configuration.
> Would you mind pasting the networking part of your domU's config file?
> I'd like to see exactly how you have it setup.

Sure:

vif= [ 'mac=aa:00:00:00:00:12, bridge=xen-br17']

In the domU i disabled autoconfig however it does work using autoconfig,
I just don't like the random addresses it gets:

curti@egli:~$ cat /etc/sysctl.conf
net.ipv6.conf.default.autoconf = 0

(you have to make sure the ipv6 module is loaded when the sysctls get
set)

the network config is then made the debian way using
/etc/network/interfaces:

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet6 static
        address 4567:123:22::d