[Xen-users] Error: Device 2049 (vbd) could not be connected. Backend dev

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Error: Device 2049 (vbd) could not be connected. Backend device not found.
From: Sander Naudts <s.naudts@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 11:26:33 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 02:23:45 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I'm sorry if this is already covered on the list but I couldn't find it.

Whenever I reboot my server and I would like to start an vm guest I get this error:

********:/home/sander# xm create -c /etc/xen/vm-config.sxp
Using config file "/etc/xen/vm-config.sxp".
Error: Device 2049 (vbd) could not be connected. Backend device not found.
********:/home/sander#

BUT the strange thing is when I do this:

mount -o loop /var/images/mineimage /mnt/bla
chroot /mnt/bla
umount /mnt/bla
exit

And then launch

********:/home/sander# xm create -c /etc/xen/vm-config.sxp

It works fine. I just need after every reboot to do the mount umount thing.

Anyone has a clue about why this is happening?

Kind regards,

Sander Naudts