Re: [Xen-users] AFS support in Xen

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] AFS support in Xen
From: FB <fbo2@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 12:03:16 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 03:04:06 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 11:48:32AM +0200, Arsen Hayrapetyan wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Does Xen-3.0 have support for AFS?

I suppose, you mean "Andrew File System"...

It doesn't need to have. You'll have to compile your libafs (the afs module)
sources against the dom(u|0)-kernel - everything else should work out of the
box.

I've got some xen-3.0.2 machines here. All DomUs are afs-clients, half
of them are AFS-servers, too. Dom0s can be AFS-clients, too but I don't
like the idea of having such a big third-party-kernelmodule in a dom0's
kernel permanently.

I built kernel and module debian-package for xen-domains. Deb-source is

 deb ftp://instantafs.cbs.mpg.de/instantafs/debian/sarge/ /

package names are:

 linux-xen0-2.6.16.13-f4ee
 openafs-modules-2.6.16.13-f4ee

Regards,