Re: [Xen-users] Build xen0 and xenU from xen.spec

To: Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu <m3freak@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Build xen0 and xenU from xen.spec
From: Tony Breeds <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 13:28:38 +1000
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 20:29:40 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Jul 24, 2006 at 10:34:47PM -0400, Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Has anyone built xen0 and xenU kernel RPMs from the xen.spec file?  If
> so, how did you do it?  I know that in the xen source code one can
> change the Makefile to read
>
> KERNELS ?= linux-2.6-xen0 linux-2.6-xenU
>
> which builds the two kernels.  How do you do that if rebuilding with the
> source RPM?  I've tried changing the Makefile and then running
> rpmbuild -bb --target i686 xen.spec, but I still only got the unified
> xen kernel.
>
> Any tips/pointers appreciated.

I don't have a xen.spec file here but I suspect there is a line like:
make world

You should be able to change that to:
make KERNELS="linux-2.6-xen0 linux-2.6-xenU" world

or similar to achieve the same as editing the Makefile.

Yours Tony

   linux.conf.au       http://linux.conf.au/ || http://lca2007.linux.org.au/
   Jan 15-20 2007      The Australian Linux Technical Conference!