Re: [Xen-users] Windows server 64 bit

At 2006-07-18 18:19 +0200, Andrej Radonic wrote:
Geoff Streeter wrote:
I am trying to get "Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition" to install as an HVM. It gets as far as booting but then complains that I have no APIC.

/proc/cpuinfo on the Dom0 says I have apic. My config file has a line
apic = 1

Any ideas as to what else is required.

System SuSE 10.1 (boxed). Xen as supplied.

Geoff
why not do what the xen manual suggests: set apic=0
?
Greetz,
Andrej

That was the default, and I used it first. I set "apic = 1" after I first got the message during boot of Windows Server install. Setting "apic = 0" produces exactly the same message from windows.

Incidentally, it says "the operating system you are loading does not have APIC enabled" ... Is there a choice as to wether it is a firmware supplied service or an operating system supplied service?

Geoff