RE: [Xen-users] dom0 i386 domU 64 bit ?

Subject: RE: [Xen-users] dom0 i386 domU 64 bit ?
From: PAINCHAUD Christophe <cpainchaud@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 14:08:30 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 05:12:28 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Someone tells me if I am wrong but you need to have a 64bit dom0 kernel to run a 64 bit domU kernel. But dom0 OS can remain 32 bit, right ?

So if you run a 32bit dom0 kernel (with a 32bit OS of course :p ), you are stuck to run a 32 bit domU kernel

With a 64bit domO (the OS can be 32 or 64) you can run only a 64bit domU kernel. BUT the domU OS can be 32 or 64...

So, to solve your problem, you can recompile your kernels in 64bit mode and it should run smooth even if your OS are 32 bit. You must use 32 bit only kernels or 64bit only kernels.

Regards,

Christophe Painchaud