[Xen-users] VMX and dynamic memory usage

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] VMX and dynamic memory usage
From: "James Miller" <jimm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 19:15:44 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 17:16:56 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi everyone,

So I have successfully setup a couple of Win2003 servers under xen-unstable
(WHOOT)!  It only took alot of hand waving, some astrological consultation
and the sacrifice of a live chicken.

Please don't flame me too much if this the following question is a dumb one.
Anyway one of our programmers asked if it was possible to add/resize the
amount of RAM a VMX machine running Windows 2003 sees?  Say I have allocated
1GB of RAM for a Win2003 DomU on a server that has 4GB.  Is there a way I
could 'tell' the Win2003 DomU is now has 2GB RAM?  Or for that matter take
away some RAM if I allocated TOO much and re-allocate it to another Win2003
DomU?

--Jim