[Xen-users] nating the bridge

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] nating the bridge
From: Lars Wilke <lw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 20:26:08 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 11:26:55 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi there,

i have now a working domU which is bridged into the dom0.
I have set as gateway the bridge device. So far this works
i can access the domU from the dom0 (for example using ssh
or http). The access from domU into dom0 works, too.
But i can not get a working NAT setup to route the traffic
from domU into the internet.
I tried a few variants, switching of tx checks on the
ethernet device, disabling connection tracking via NOTRACK
target of iptables etc.

IP forwarding is enabled in the kernel and via echo 1 /proc/...
all no luck. So i ask you is there somewhere a document
detailing a debbuging of such an behavour or something like that?
I looked around for quite a while and tried some howtos, but
nothing could help to get that beast working.

I used the following rules:

iptables -A PREROUTING -t nat -p tcp \
   -d $von/32 -j DNAT --dport ! 22 --to-destination $zu

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -d $zu/32 -j MASQUERADE

The bridge is configured and has an IP, which is used as
the default gateway inside the domU. The eth interface
is configured inside the domU and has an IP.
The dom0 has a static connection to the network (which is working:).

Oh, another question is, if i destroy a domain and create a new
one the id counter is incremented by one. Is it possible to configure
the system in a way that one domain always has the same id?

Thanks and a good evening from rainy north germany

   --lars