Re: [Xen-users] when dom0 loadavg above 1, domUs not available

To: tim.post@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] when dom0 loadavg above 1, domUs not available
From: Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 16:26:00 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 07:26:51 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tim Post wrote:

(...)

However, your CPU cooks eggs beautifully! That's not a bug its a
feature! <kidding>

Try re-arranging things a bit, using partitions instead of file backed
VBD's and then try fine tuning cpu scheduling and priority based on what
you want each dom-u doing. Only run services that are absolutely
necessary on dom-0, and try to avoid i/o intense workouts on dom-0
itself.

Thanks.
I was just evaluating Xen on an old machine, and was worried about the performance on the real system.

What you said seem to explain everything.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://syneticon.net