RE: [Xen-users] Sarge unstable +Adaptec 7892 +Software Raid1 +ReiserFS +

To: eorellan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Sarge unstable +Adaptec 7892 +Software Raid1 +ReiserFS +Xen 3.0.2, could not boot
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 21:12:50 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 30 May 2006 12:13:14 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rough steps:
Get the right settings in .config (SCSI adapters, and particularly the Adaptec
one you've got) in your "<xenroot>/linux-2.6.16.13-xen" - using "make
menuconfig" is one way to achieve this.

Go to the <xenroot> and do "make dist".

If you're using the same machine to develop and run Xen, do "make install",
otherwise copy the contents of the "<xenroot>/dist" directory to the target
machine and run "install.sh" from this directory.

Once you have installed Xen and xenified linux kernel, do "depmod
2.6.16.13-xen" and "mkinitrd /boot/initrd-2.6.16.13-xen 2.6.16.13-xen"

And of course make sure you have the initrd as a module in your
grub.conf/menu.lst file.

That should do it - if not, please let me know what step you get which error
message...

--
Mats