Re: [Xen-users] Use of "ethtool - K eth0 tx off"

To: Goetz Bock <bock@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Use of "ethtool - K eth0 tx off"
From: "Leonardo Pinto" <listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 18:12:22 -0200
Cc: Xen Users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 29 May 2006 13:14:57 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Much thankful by the answers, had been very valuable.
Not, really this bug is not corrected still. At least in the DomU
it continues being necessary disable checksum. I am using the version:
xen-3.0.2-0.FC5.3 Before (in <= 3.0.1) it needed in both domains, DomU
and Dom0. I also perceived that checksum in the internal domains was
not thus much-needed. Beyond this control being made by the proper
net-board (in Dom0), "could save some CPU cycles". Evidently,
improving the performance in the transmitted packages.

My grammatical corrections are not so necessary, seem that you, for
the little that understood, it answered me to all the questions.
It forgives me the bad English.

- The question that remained is: When fixed this bug, WE MUST then
disable checksum in internal domains, in favor of the performance?

Much thankful,

--
Leonardo Pinto
listas#openlogic dot com br

On Sun, 28 May 2006 23:04:56 -0300 (BRT), xen-users-request wrote