Re: [Xen-users] Production Xen Deployment (Windows Guests)

Hi All!

    Thanks very much for you quick reply (everyone!).
    I understand that I would need VT hardware to run such a setup, but i was looking more for specific of peoples succuss (or failure!) stories regarding trying to deploy xen in a production windows environment.
    Also just to clarify is the commercial version (XenEnterprise) actually released yet?

Thanks again everyone!
Alex Pearson IT Officer East Riding of Yorkshire Council 01482 394567

Alex Pearson
IT Officer
IT Infrastructure
01482 394567
Alex.Pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mark Williamson wrote:
Also if your looking for a vendor that will support your xen setup I copied
this from another list:

A really neat vendor to add to your list is Virtual Iron

One aspect of their approach to VT is to treat each node on an
infiniband network as a NUMA node in a single image scale up approach.

It is public info that Intel Capital is investing there.
<<

I was under the impression that VI had now abandoned the "virtual SMP cluster"
approach, and were concentrating on providing management products for their Xen-based package.

Apparently they were finding it so hard to persuade potential customers to use
Infiniband it was more like selling the IB adapters than software...  I think
the cluster SMP stuff was predicated on people having IB infrastructure,
that's not yet widely deployed.

Cheers,
Mark

are addressed.

Please note that the East Riding of Yorkshire Council is able to, and reserves the right to, monitor e-mail communications passing through its network.

If you have received this email in error please notify our mail manager at postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Whilst every effort has been made to check for viruses in this e-mail and any attachments, the Council does not warrant that it or they are free of viruses. If in any doubt then please ask for the hard copy.