[Xen-users] iSCSI-LUN as VBD

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] iSCSI-LUN as VBD
From: Peter Simon <Peter.Simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 20:32:46 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 22 May 2006 11:34:24 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

at the list I read the that some guys have this setup working:
Access though iSCSI in dom0 to the target, starting domU directly form
iSCSI-LUN as vbd.

Accessing the iSCSI-LUN via dom0 works like a charme but my hole box
crashes, when domU starts and tries to mount the filesystems.

I'm testing with xen-3.0.2, open-iscsi 1.0-485 and a NetApp-Filer as
target.

The config looks like:

  disk = [ 'phy:sdb1,sda1,w' ]

where sdb1 is the iSCSI-LUN in dom0.

Are there any clues how to setup this or why it crashes?

Thanks,

Peter

--
Leibniz Computing Centre                               Peter Simon
High Performance Systems                         http://www.lrz.de