RE: [Xen-users] Basic Xen Question

To: "Julius Spencer" <julius@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Basic Xen Question
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 22:38:27 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Sylvain Coutant <sco@xxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 16 May 2006 13:38:18 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Unfortunately in this type of situation, I'm not sure you'd get much
help by using an older kernel - the driver may well not behave itself
well enough to still work under Xen... At least, I think that is still a
problem in Xenified Linux as it is under HVM - drivers in Xenified Linux
are modified to "understand" Xen, and that's not going to work with
binary drivers. However, I may be wrong. Someone with better
understanding of this may be able to correct me (or say I'm right).

--
Mats