Re: [Xen-users] confused about pciback

On Fri, 2006-05-12 at 15:28 +0200, Denny Schierz wrote:
> hi,
>
> i tried to get two hfc isdn cards working in Xen 3.0.2-2. but it'st
> strange:
>
> Dom0 lspci :
> =============
>
> 0000:00:09.0 Network controller: Cologne Chip Designs GmbH ISDN network
> controller [HFC-PCI] (rev 02)
>
> 0000:00:0c.0 Network controller: Cologne Chip Designs GmbH ISDN network
> controller [HFC-PCI] (rev 02)
>
> -----
>
> /etc/init.d/misdn-init start
> modprobe hfcpci protocol=0x2,0x12 layermask=0xf,0x3

I'm not familiar with your hardware, but I'd recommend checking the
kernel logs in your domU (dmesg) for any strange errors or warnings that
maybe you're not seeing on the console. In addition, check the output of
"xm dmesg" for any Xen errors. Also, try turning on the permissive flag
(it enables most writes to the PCI configuration space); it's found
in /sys/modules/pciback/parameters. Some hardware requires writing to
the PCI configuration space and the security protections in the pciback
module disable that by default.

Ryan