Re: [Xen-users] usage of cpu_weight

Hi,

afaik the weight parameter works as follows:

if you have three domains, all with a period of 100ms set with
the following weights:

Dom0 period: 100ms weight: 4
Dom1 period: 100ms weight: 3
Dom2 period: 100ms weight: 3

The slice will be 40% of 100ms for Dom0 and 30% of the period 100ms
for Dom1 and Dom2.

Well, not exactly, in my experience there will be always a last resort
of 5% left (for Dom0?).

Anybody who can correct me?

Greetings,
-timo

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 14:09:32 +0200
Goran <xamiw@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello, can somebody explain me the usage of cpu_weight? I've only
> found some some examples like "cpu_weight=2" or "cpu_weight=5". But
> what does that mean exactly? The explanation of cpu_weight which I
> get wit "xm create --help" is not very helpfull to me.
>
> Thanks
>
> Goran

Timo Benk
PGP Public Key: http://vs241071.vserver.de/timo_benk_gpg_key.asc