Re: [Xen-users] using physical NIC

On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 14:18 +1000, Piers Dawson-Damer wrote:
> Hi Ryan,
>  I am having similar troubles with pci passthrough and would be
> grateful if you could possibly point me in the right direction.
>  I am trying to pass a FXS/FXO card to a DomU for Asterisk. It's PCI
> address is 02:02.0

Hi Piers,

I believe your problem is that you are including the "pciback.hide" line
on the wrong line in your grub.conf file. It needs to be on the module
line with your linux kernel, not the xen line.

Because the pciback.hide kernel parameter is not being parsed correctly
by Linux, the pci backend doesn't know to seize that device. You can
manually add it using the late binding sysfs attributes that are now
documented in the Xen 3.0.x user manual on the Xen website. When the
pci backend correctly parses the kernel parameter, you should see lines
in your dmesg output that says something like "pciback: wants to seize
0000:02:02.0" (that will only show if you have the pci backend debugging
compiled in, but it appears that you do).

Hope this helps!

Ryan