Re: [Xen-users] xen and openafs

To: mbjohn@xxxxxxxx, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] xen and openafs
From: Frank Burkhardt <fbo2@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 19:54:59 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 10:55:46 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 11:13:43AM -0400, mbjohn@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hello --
>
> I'm currently trying to get AFS working in our virtual machines.  I've
> done some searching to see if there was anyway to do this.  I've found
> some references to it in both xen-devel and the openafs, but haven't found
> anything definitive.

A definitive "Yes, it's working fine" from me. That's what I'm using:
   * openafs 1.4.0
   * xen 2.0.6 or 2.0.7 (I'm not sure)
   * kernel 2.6.12 (vanilla + xen modifications, no additional patches)

I didn't have any problems compiling openafs.

I know, ist just xen 2.0.6. I'll try to update as soon as possible but -
well - there are 5 domains hosted on this server (5 AFS-Clients, 2 of them
AFS-servers) and I can't afford the downtime ;-) .

Regards,

Frank