Re: [Xen-users] Xen on Mac with Intel Core Duo

To: Randy Thelen <rthelen@xxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen on Mac with Intel Core Duo
From: "Dirk H. Schulz" <dirk.schulz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 08:21:17 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 23:21:51 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Randy Thelen schrieb:

Philip Sheu wrote:

Has anyone used a Mac with Intel Core Duo to run Xen successfully? It
seems to be one of the few platforms commercially available with Intel
VT enabled.

Philip, there have been several threads on that here. Basic problem is: You need a base system with a xen dom0 kernel which nobody has developed for MacOS X yet.

I haven't seen that, yet, but I have run Xen on Parallels which utilizes VT-x. Unfortunately, my experiment did not yield a fully booted system. See my right up over here:

http://forum.parallels.com/thread825.html

Randy, I simply do not understand: what is the benefit of running Xen on Parallels? Why not run Linux, Windows, etc. seperately as separate Parallels guests?

Dirk