Re: [Xen-users] Error: (2, 'No such file or directory')

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Error: (2, 'No such file or directory')
From: Peter Fokkinga <peter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 23:54:13 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 14:54:44 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Quoting Morten Christensen <mc-xen@xxxxx>:
xm create -c /etc/xen/vm01.cfg
Using config file "/etc/xen/vm01.cfg".
Error: (2, 'No such file or directory')

Things to check:
 * volume(s) exported to vm01 should NOT be mounted (in dom0 or
   other active domU's)
 * bridges referred to in the vm01.cfg should exist in dom0
   (check with ifconfig)
 * does directory /var/run/xenstored exist
 * does directory /var/lock/subsys exist

I have tried all 4, but none of them helped me.
Both directories were missing, but it did not help to create them.

I had another look at your /var/log/xend.log (prompted by
your statement that both directories were missing), could it
be that xend is not running? `ps axu | grep xend` should
show a few "python /usr/sbin/xend start" processes.

If xend _isn't_ running then do `/etc/init.d/xend start` and
give vm01 another try.

Regards, Peter