RE: [Xen-users] 32 bit guests on 64 bit xen0 ?

To: "Robert Hulme" <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Xen-users" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] 32 bit guests on 64 bit xen0 ?
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 20:32:25 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 11:38:56 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No, your guest, in paravirtualized mode, will have to have the same
bitness as your Xen kernel. There's been some discussions about adding a
shim-layer to support 32-bit para-virtualized kernel on top of 64-bit
Xen, but so far no one has added any actual support for it.

The fully virtualized support that AMD and Intel has added will support
32-bit guests on top of 64-bit Xen (but not the other way around). But
that will need new processors from what you have now.

--
Mats