Re: [Xen-users] Problem with power down

Hi,

On Mon, 2006-04-03 at 12:50 +0100, M.A. Williamson wrote:

> Power management stuff will probably be looked at at some stage, but it's
> not been a priority so far. The old behaviour was to reboot if dom0 halted,
> but that annoyed people even more ;-)
>
> If anyone's interested, I think there have been some design discussions on
> how to make this stuff work properly... A knowledge of some subset of APM /
> APCI / the linux implementations thereof would probably be useful ;-)

Is there any reason not simply to rely on the dom0's ACPI/pm code for
this?  The dom0 is already driving the bulk of the hardware in the box
either directly or with a bit of minimal indirection through the
hypervisor.

Having reboot in the HV is massively useful for cases where the dom0 has
crashed and we want to get the box back up, but in most cases, shutdown
is an event that happens when the dom0 is functioning properly.

--Stephen