[Xen-users] Vif network interfaces dropped tx packets, rsyncd problems

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Vif network interfaces dropped tx packets, rsyncd problems
From: Neal Probert <nprobert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 08:41:57 -0400
Delivery-date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 05:42:50 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
If I do an ifconfig from Dom0, I see that the vif#.# interfaces have dropped tx packets. The DomU machines look fine. Running Debian Sarge testing, Xen 3.0.1 testing on amd64.

Rsyncd still doesn't work on Dom0, which is essential to our BackupPC process.

Apr 3 01:10:56 localhost rsyncd[14762]: connect from archive (152.160.178.30) Apr 3 01:10:56 localhost rsyncd[14762]: rsync on . from backuppc@archive (152.1
60.178.30)
Apr 3 01:11:28 localhost rsyncd[14762]: rsync: writefd_unbuffered failed to wri
te 4 bytes: phase "send_file_entry" [sender]: Broken pipe (32)
Apr 3 01:11:28 localhost rsyncd[14762]: rsync error: error in rsync protocol da
ta stream (code 12) at io.c(1126) [sender]

Btw, I've heard comments that Xen stable really isn't "stable". Imho, Xen really isn't ready for primetime production use just yet. I've been at it for 3 weeks and I still can't resolve the issues to my satisfaction and have the confidence to be running Xen.

Suggestions?

Thanks.

--
        *** ProbeStar Technical Systems, LLC.  ***
      Software Engineering and Application Development

==// Neal W. Probert (President)  / Email: nprobert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx //
=// Web: www.probestar.com       / Phone: 734-834-7805           //=
// Fax:                         / Cell: 734-834-7805            //==

"Technology is a gift of God. After the gift of life it is perhaps
the greatest of God's gifts. It is the mother of civilizations, of
arts and of sciences"
       --- Freeman Dyson Infinite in all directions