Re: [Xen-users] xend hanging on laptop

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] xend hanging on laptop
From: Peter Fokkinga <peter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 13:50:27 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 04:50:58 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Quoting Brad Smith <brads@xxxxxxxxxx>:
Xend hangs when I try to boot the xen0 kernel under FC5 on my Thinkpad
T30. It's a fresh install and selinux is disabled. Booting into runlevel 3 with rhgb off, the boot process hangs at "Starting xend" after a message about the bridging firewall. The keyboard is still responsive so it's not the OS hanging, just xend. Attached is the xend.log
generated by attempting to boot (xend-debug.log is empty).

Try booting the xen0 kernel without (automatically) starting
xend and xendomains, then start them manually to see if they
give any errors.

If you get any errors, check if the following the directories
/var/run/xenstored and /var/lock/subsys exist. On my system
(Ubuntu) /var/run and /var/lock are virtual filesystems that
are empty on boot. Took a while to figure this out, the
error messages were not exactly helpfull.

Regards, Peter