Re: [Xen-users] Still the same!!! (trying to boot a SATA device)

To: ??igo Careaga <icb.info@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Still the same!!! (trying to boot a SATA device)
From: Andrew Thompson <andrewkt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 19:35:38 +0000
Cc: Xen <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sun, 02 Apr 2006 19:37:32 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sat, Apr 01, 2006 at 10:08:13PM +0200, ??igo Careaga wrote:
> I tried to include SATA support with the default selected packages
> (Intel, Promise and Silicon) and the error message is still the same
> when I execute the "make kernels" command:
> "mv: cannot stat 'include/asm-xen/asm_ofset.h.tmp': No such file or
> directory".
>
> Any other idea???

Grab a bootcd image from the Net and boot it in your computer. With any luck,
it will automagically find your SATA controller and load the proper driver for
it. After that you should be able to look at dmesg and determine which driver
to use.

(I'm sure there is a better way to determine which driver is in use, I just
don't know what it is.)

--
Andrew Thompson
http://aktzero.com/