[Xen-users] Multiple interfaces problem

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Multiple interfaces problem
From: David Felipe Eusse <david.eusse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 12:17:37 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 17:24:52 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

So far I've been able to configure 6 domains on my server but I want to share 3 NIC among them (eth0, eth1, eth2)

I decided to share one NIC for every two domains in order to balance the traffic.

It works fine for the first four domains, eth0 and eth1 interfaces. When I try to configure eth2 on domU I get the following error:

> Bringing up interface eth2:  Error for wireless request

I created 3 bridges using the following script:

#!/bin/sh
dir=$(dirname "$0")
"$dir/network-bridge" "$@" vifnum=0
"$dir/network-bridge" "$@" vifnum=1
"$dir/network-bridge" "$@" vifnum=2

I also get the right information from ifconfig (xenbr0, xenbr1, xenbr2, etc.)

My domain is configured as follows:

#
# or more than one interface may be configured:
#
vif = [ '', 'bridge=xenbr2' ]

#vif = [ '' ]
#

My server is Centos 4.2, kernel 2.6.12.6-xen PAE, 8 CPUs, 3 identical ethernet interfaces.

I already tried to increase loopback.nloopbacks=16 without success

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance for any help

David Eusse

David F. Eusse Uribe
Gerente General

Calipso Proveedor Internet
Servicios Profesionales y Empresariales de Internet

http://www.calipso.com.co