[Xen-users] Access Hypervisor Control from DomU

To: XEN User - listmembers <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Access Hypervisor Control from DomU
From: Stephan Seitz <s.seitz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 07:43:47 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 05:45:30 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

weeks ago we moved one x86_32 / breezy badger / xen 3.0.1 machine to
our colo for testing purposes. after a remote reboot we lost network
connection to the dom0 (interessting, but as read here on the list,
other people do have strange networking problems, too). As it was
possible to get connection to the domU's, i scheduled this task
because driving to the colo isn't much fun...
Yesterday, I needed to reboot one domU, but this machine didn't come back.

My question, is it possible to investigate this behaviour (and
ideally, xm destroy / create) from one of the live domU's ? I know,
this would be a security issue, but is there _any_ access back to the
dom0 like the xm console from dom0 to domU's ?

Thanks in advance

Stephan Seitz