Re: [Xen-users] no network in domain 0

To: Robin Atwood <robin@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] no network in domain 0
From: Immanuel Scheerer <immanuel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 17:04:18 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 15:06:12 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Robin Atwood wrote:
is there perhaps a firewall which intercepts the packages?

Well, I have a firewall but this does not normally stop me pinging my router! The network works fine until I start xend.

Actually even the ping requests must be forwarded over the bridge to the physical network device:

eth0 -> xenbr0 -> peth0

Maybe this forwarding is not working. And this might be caused by the firewall, even if everything works if xend is not running.

Cheers,

Immanuel