Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] driver domains / PCI passthru on amd64

On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 09:03 +0100, Hans-Christian Armingeon wrote:
> What PCI Backend Mode should I use?
> Virtual PCI or Passthrough?
>
> Does it make an effect other than resorting the devices?

The only effect is the slot numbering of the devices in your domU
("resorting the devices" as you call it). Virtual PCI renumbers
everything to bus 0 while passthrough mode leaves them at their real
slot numbers. Passthrough *may* be required for certain device drivers
which look for devices at certain slot locations (but I've not seen this
in practice).

Ryan