[Xen-users] two bridges share the same bridge ID.

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] two bridges share the same bridge ID.
From: "Chris Fanning" <christopher.fanning@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 13:17:34 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 12:19:03 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello all,

I would like to use two network interfaces.
It is working but I notice that both bridges hace the same id.

#brctl show
xenbr0          8000.feffffffffff       no        peth0
                                                        vif0.0
                                                        vif10.0
xenbr1          8000.feffffffffff       no        peth1
                                                        vif0.1
                                                        vif10.1

Is that normal?
Could it possibly cause network performance loss?

I am using this script to set them up.

/etc/xen/scripts/my-network-bridge
#!/bin/bash

case "$1" in
start)
/etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge start bridge=xenbr0 netdev=eth0
vifnum=0 antispoof=no
/etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge start bridge=xenbr1 netdev=eth1
vifnum=1 antispoof=no
;;
stop)
/etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge stop bridge=xenbr0 netdev=eth0 vifnum=0
/etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge stop bridge=xenbr1 netdev=eth1 vifnum=1
;;
restart)
$0 stop
$0 start