[Xen-users] RE: Xen-users Digest, Vol 13, Issue 87

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] RE: Xen-users Digest, Vol 13, Issue 87
From: "Reuter, Jim" <James.Reuter@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 09:48:05 -0700
Delivery-date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 16:50:15 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Argh.. so I don't understand why my dual xeon is not recognized as an
Intel VT Platform..

...and many other similar posts...

AMD is not shipping virtualization yet, and recently announced that the
Rev. F Opterons with Pacifica will be coming out in August.

Intel is shipping VT today in:
 - Xeon '7000' sequence dual core chips (Paxville MP), not any other
dual core chips
 - Pentium D '900' sequence chips (Pressler B.1)
 - Pentium 6x2 chips (Prescott 2M), which is only the Pentium 4 662 and
672.

I've seen claims that the new Core Duo chips have it, but last I checked
Intel did not claim support on their website.

Intel seems to have quite a bit more coming out by mid-year: "Dempsey"
dual core Xeon, "Conroe" desktop, and "Cedar Mill".