Re: [Xen-users] Xen on multiple public IP's

To: "mrkris@xxxxxxxxxx" <mrkris@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen on multiple public IP's
From: "Nicholas Lee" <emptysands@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 07:02:46 +1200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 19:04:11 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 3/21/06, mrkris@xxxxxxxxxx <mrkris@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I can't seem to get networking functioning properly on it. Do I want
> bridge or route? Any help would be appreciated. If you need any particular
> info, please let me know.

Bridge.

I have this functional with two Xen debian machines in a colo. Both
running bridges and share IPs in the same subnet across various domUs
on each machine.

The default setup should work.  I find it better to set the IPs in the
domUs using the standard method /etc/network/interfaces.

Using ifconfig is also a good have to test things.

If you continue to have trouble you might start by send though various
output. ifconfig -a from both the dom0/host0 and a domU.

--
Nicholas Lee
http://stateless.geek.nz